Thursday, October 29, 2020

Sept Rachael's corner to Maggie and Janet


Here are a couple more from the Rachael's-corner series. 
I was so tempted on Janet's to make most of the green, much darker to match the stamp - but then I chickened out.

I never did figure out which way to go on the taller first initial. Maybe the J is the only letter that looks right. I'd have to do 26 envelopes to figure out if there are other letters that work well. 

The way the colors worked out on Maggie's is rather nice. Has a little autumn feel to it. The illustrator stamps were so beautiful. It will be painful to not go to the vintage stamp store and buy any more vintage stamps now that I have made a vow to not buy vintage stamps. It seems like such a harmless thing. I honestly feel like a heroin addict trying to talk myself into just one more hit.

 

4 comments:

  1. You have a vintage stamp store??!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coins, Stamps 'n' Stuff
      8190 Hickman Rd, Des Moines, IA 50325
      An AMAZING store.
      All the stamps are face value.
      Although, you may not request certain stamps.
      You have to shuffle through boxes, based on denominations.

      Delete
    2. I did stop in the other day to sell some metal - and there were about 6 customers without masks -- so I would not recommend going - unless you are not concerned about COVID. The customers did seem to be respectful of distancing -- but, for me, that's not enough.

      Delete
    3. Oh -- I thought you were the Christi from Iowa -- I see that you are a different Christi -- so you didn't need the info on the stamp store.

      Delete