Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Real time musing

 Thank you to you-know-who-you-are for using the word *musings* for these posts that I am adding in real time. That's a good word. 

First thing this morning, I ran across Amber Share. She noticed the funny comments that people leave on Yelp when reviewing popular tourist destinations that are wilderness parks. She made faux-vintage poster/postcard art and is selling them. The easiest way to see a bunch of them is on IG.

Amber Share

Or you can Google her name and go to her website - but it's not a quick way to see a lot of images. If you do not surf on IG - just do a Google search for Amber Share and then click [Images] and there are a lot of good ones.

This is an article that features some of the best ones:

Amber Share article


And, here is a minor rant - static electricity.
It snowed again - I had to pull out the woolens - and the combination of the furnace running + wool + fleece = static electricity. It drives me crazy. I do have a can of Static Guard - but I do not like the smell or the use of aerosols. Maybe there is some device where I can discharge all the excess electricity that is making my hair fly all over and my clothes cling in a very creepy way and the worst of all - shocks that go through my ear buds - right into my brain. Ouch. I don't think my brain is needing anything more shocking that what it is experiencing through sight and hearing.

I'm open to suggestions for how to deal with static electricity.



1 comment:

  1. I built a grounding pad for Nancy one time. Come to think of it, we could probably buy one -- it'd certainly look better than mine did. They use them on electronics benches -- static electricity can destroy small electronics. Pretty sure they have small ones.

    ReplyDelete