Thursday, October 22, 2020

Are these repeats?

From Smash



From Gina











From NancyL



I've refrained from jabbering about my confusion and poor filing system for a while.
Today, I am posting a few that I think might already have been posted, but, there is no easy way to find out.

It is now June 15th  August 17th Oct 21and I am making a last ditch effort to fill up every date until Dec  31st.
And then maybe I can keep 2021 in order.

On top of everything else - these photos are jumping around and the captions are not sticking with them - so I don't know what kind of mess will pop up.

Grrrr.

At least we have pretty things to look at.

******

The Tuesday post mentioned that I was about to join Chicago rush hour traffic.
It was actually just fine - except for the side trip to put air in a tire.
Thankfully, the car is able to alert me to something that I need to take care of.
Sadly, the exciting new digital machines with air are not Nanna friendly.
And then -- Let's hear a chorus of angels and trumpets and uplifting hoopla:
a lovely young woman pulled in behind me - needing air - and she helped me.
It may seem like a very minor thing -- but it meant a lot to me.
I had already sought help from a couple people who started shaking their heads "no" even before I said anything. 
So, I continue on - another 5+ hours of driving -- and hoping that the tire was OK.
The warning light never went off -- so that was ominous.
And -- if that wasn't enough --
let's break a record for earliest snowfall -- and dump some snow on Nanna for a couple hours.
 I've had plenty of experience in snow storms on the interstate, so, I wasn't too traumatized.

****
Note to self: Next time you need to go to Chicago -- buy a hazmat suit and fly.
****

And what's the best part of being home?
My mail.
Yup -- it's tempting to share it right now.
But, you'll just have to wait until next year.
That's how it works.
Oct 2020 envelopes will show up in Sept of 2021 -- to inspire you.

Thanks so much for participating in exchanges. And if you do not exchange - thanks for just showing up and reading. Something I read recently was profound and I was thinking I needed to share it - but I'll never find it --  it had something to do with the benefits of writing. Some people send the nicest letters and notes in their envelopes -- and it is really nice to hear from you. Others -- send empty envelopes -- and I can honestly say -- "I hear ya" to those people, too. 

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment