Monday, October 26, 2020

Real-time post (formerly called Bonus post) - CCC virtual exhibit.

 We've started a real-time conversation about faux foods - and I have more food related items to share. A couple people have mentioned that they appreciate a little extra jabbering during The Black Hunker. I felt the need for a way to leave the pre-scheduled posts alone and have a format for the real-time posts. 

Here's the new format:

Real-time posts will appear on top - and you may skip them and go straight to the lettering/mail art post - if you are only here for the ideas. 

For your viewing pleasure - the Chicago Calligraphy Collective has posted a virtual exhibit. I was wowed by a number of pieces and am posting one here - without permission - because I'm lazy. I hope I don't get in trouble. It is by Sherri Trial -- and I have corresponded with her through both email and snail mail. Sherri lost her entire studio, all her artwork, and all her art supplies in a fire a couple years ago. During these troubled times, it never hurts to reflect on different kinds of losses. If you put *Sherri* in the search box, her envelopes will pop up.

Sherri's piece is a jumble of 4 words - which I will leave for you to figure out. If you can't figure it out, email me. It is 3" x 3.5" -- so it is a precious size.

CCC Virtual Exhibit




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Jean! (not that I need to be spending more time online looking at lettering!) :D

    Wow, I can't imagine losing all my supplies (some are irreplaceable!) Hope she got a lot of donations.

    ReplyDelete