Thursday, October 22, 2020

Good idea / Bad idea (to do more bonus posts)


 Today's regular post is below this one. 

I've been checking The Far Side every day and there was one in todays group that made me laugh out loud. No this one. But, this one did make me think of some conversations and emails that I have had this week. Seem like there is a lot of pandemic fatigue percolating. I remember way back at the beginning, when our first response was to hunker down and we did. At the time, I pondered a daily bonus post - just to keep us distracted. But, I thought that might be too much. Now, I'm thinking I might do more bonus posts - just because I enjoy talking to people who only respond by email. I'll refrain from pondering what's behind that comment.

If you are annoyed by too many posts -- feel free to email me and tell me. I have no idea if I will cease and desist.

https://www.thefarside.com. <the link, in case you want to see some more cartoons.

I can't remember what they call those emails that you can sign up for where *people* send emails with surfing opportunities. I'm signed up to hear from The New Yorker magazine - and today, there was a link to an article about the Wizard of Oz, written in 1992 by Salman Rushdie. 

There were all kinds of observations that I had never noticed about the movie. So, here's the article, in case anyone is interested:

The Wizard of Oz

2 comments:

  1. Jean, you could post dozens of bonus posts and I wouldn't complain. You're a born teacher - the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen. it only takes one *thumbs up* to reassure me that it's OK to post random unrelated stuff. In some ways --- everything is related -- at some point.

      Delete