Friday, October 23, 2020

Friday bonus post - David Lee Roth

 Regular post is right below.

During my mommy years, I noticed that some of the stuff that kids liked was enjoyable to me, too. Other times, I really didn't like it. MTV was so helpful in giving me a glimpse of whatever was popular at the moment. I remember thinking that David Lee Roth was way too intense/outrageous for my liking and yet he had some kind of weird thing going on - where I would actually watch him. A little bit like a train wreck. So -- it was interesting to hear about and find a link to this item. His intensity is still annoying but there are quite a few things that he observes - that I agree with. That ornery side resonates. 

It's a nice little piece on the dovetailing of different kinds of art and artists - if you need some surf time.

David Lee Roth

The BigHelpfulBrother will probably ask me what I think of Dave's art.

My stock answer is that I do not like to dis art that does not please my eyes -- because nobody can make art that pleases everyone -- and I am emphatic that making bad art is better than making no art. So, while it is not exactly my cup of tea I did find one image on his IG account that doesn't bother me. The colors bother me. Maybe I should do my own version....



1 comment:

  1. BHB here --
    Didn't know Dave had gone graphic. I really like the Samurai.

    ReplyDelete