Friday, November 11, 2016

Finding Strange Things

Sometimes when we are sifting through the flotsam and jetsam we run across things like this post - the part below where there is a bunch of editing. It could be from 2017 or 2016. It is just random babbling. Feel free to ignore the babbling and just click on the link - at the bottom. I suspect anything I link that is alphabet related is worth looking at - if you are obsessed with the alphabet. I'll never know how many people read the blog or what your obsessions are. Maybe you are like me and are parked in front of the computer, putting off the things you should be doing. I know I do that. I'm convinced there is some value in procrastination. I'm not sure what it is but I just feel like it must exist for a reason. Reminds me of a favorite Rilke quote - something about don't worry about finding any answers - just embrace the questions. Yeah. I could easily do that.

Onward.

Third of three.
I refolded this so that there was less white space on the bottom. Remember the offer to redo any envelope that was deemed unworthy. This one is unworthy. I hope I remember to send Anne a bonus envelope. Maybe I should make a list of the ones who deserve better, then come up with one idea - so I can crank all the make-up envelopes out without the pressure of coming up with a new good idea.

This post was scheduled quite a while ago. This paragraph is being added on Nov 11th to pop up on the 12th. I just returned from a 3 week trip and had a glorious time opening all the mail that came in the October exchange. Almost all of it was seasonal - Halloween. I realized that Halloween is a really good holiday for mail art. I love the envelopes - and will probably hold them and post them next September so you can all steal ideas from each other.

I'm tempted to remove the envelope today - it really bugs me. But, I have been pretty good about showing the duds. I should redo the duds and make them lovable. s-o-m-e-d-a-y

Three weeks without surfing - I will probably stay up all night. This was the first thing I found on Pinterest.

 http://publicdomainreview.org/collections/an-alphabet-of-organic-type-ca-1650/

I could probably stay up all night just on this one website.



No comments:

Post a Comment