Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Rest of the Exchange Envelopes

Blogger is not letting me arrange these, so I will use the caption feature and see how that goes. Happy Holidays. I will now return to the task of scheduling post in advance. I am well into February. 

This is what most of the exchange envelopes looked like. 

I was trying to do the DuBosch Jubilee lettering with a Parallel Pen, but I think the pen needs to be disassembled and cleaned. s-o-m-e-d-a-y

The note at the top is from Florence and it's been pestering me to try an imitation.
It would have been better if I had pulled out some different pens and markers. I know I will be doing more of these. It was loads of fun.


These are the flip sides of the ones pictured below. Top one is part of a  Trader Joe's bag and the bottom one is part of a Potbelly's bag. I thought it would be fun to morph Potbelly into Phillip, but my brain was asleep and I started doing Finnbadger - only with a Ph.  I hope it doesn't ruin it for Eric to see his envelope before it arrives in the mail. 


While I had fun making these envelopes the lettering is very ho-hum. I'm not going to let it bother me because I just read an article about how making really bad art is part of making really good art. Whew. That alleviates a lot of pressure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment