Saturday, November 26, 2016

Saturday Re-Run - Scribbling

Here is some of what I wrote about this one the first time it ran:

fast is sometimes just fine. this is another one that would have been done in the middle of a series and it was when i was warmed up but had not yet dissolved into sloppy or bored.

everybody has permission to get sloppy to see where it goes. then, when it has gone too far, stop. there is a good rilke quote about you never know how far you can go until you've gone a bit too far. although i think he mentions going right up to the edge, maybe not going overboard. 

2016 comment:
I hope nobody actually listens to me. It's fine with me that you are curious to see what I say - but I wouldn't go so far as to actually retain anything I say.

1 comment:

  1. Or as I heard Leo Kottke say one time, "I wouldn't encourage me if I were you."

    ReplyDelete