Monday, November 14, 2016

Nancy's Birthday Candles

When Nancy signed up for the exchange she mentioned that her birthday was in September. So, it was a no-brainer to make some candles. This idea has been on the blog previously. The new detail is the swirly gold spirals. I was not crazy about how I did the flames. I need to do flame research. One thing to note - there is a space between a flame and the actual candle - on a real candle. It is optional to leave that space on a drawing - but I thought I would let everyone know that once in a while I learned something in a science class and then once in a while, I retained that knowledge. Not that it has been of any use. Useful knowledge seems to be both unable to enter the brain and even if it wiggles in for a second, it quickly dissolves.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the "From Me To You" stamps, I'm sad I used all of mine up.

    Your flames are pretty good, in my opinion. Things without real substance- flames, smoke, etc... are hard to get right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. They bother me less today than when I wrote the blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this envelope. It made me smile when I saw it. Cant wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete