Thursday, December 4, 2014

from finnbadger

i am so proud of finnbadger for working on his lettering. it is nice and neat and tidy.

i can see that he is paying attention to the simple geometric regularity of any font or style of printing. the letter S appears three times and two of them are just perfect. the cap S on St is a little bottom heavy. but other than that...he did a great job. he didn't ask for a critique, but i figured i'd put in my 2-cents.


 as always, he has a natural design sense and his addition of stamp and address is very complimentary to the found-design on the hand made envelope.

very pretty - thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it. I didn't want to spoil this one with a white label, so I bit the bullet and had a go with a white uniball. I actually found it very challenging to use in general, as the pen tip doesn't always like the different textures of the envelopes.

    Thanks for the critique - I think the a in Iowa is pretty off compared to the first one, but hey, I'm just a grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete