Saturday, March 7, 2020

To Grace and CaroleV - teal + BigCopic + illustrators


It was great to find stamps that look so good on the teal envelopes.
The white is colored pencil

As I recall, I was not that crazy about the white gel address on Carole's so I switched to black. It will be harder for the PO, but they should be able to figure it out.



Off-topic -- Koko


When I was in my early 50s I did a lot of work with an event planner. On really large events, a tiny little lady who was in her early 80s would show up and work harder than any of the youngsters. She always maintained a delightful attitude and was inspirational - as an elder. A couple weeks ago, I had lunch with the event planner and later - realized I wished I had asked her what ever happened to Koko. And then today - I saw Koko's obituary. She would have been 103 in April and her obituary said she worked into her 90s as a freelance floral designer. 

I am at the age where I go to quite a few funerals and run into people whom I have not seen in years and they all ask the same thing: Are you still doing calligraphy?
Yup - I reply. 

Note to self: do not retire from doing what I love.
And be like Koko -especially the delightful attitude.



No comments:

Post a Comment