Sunday, March 22, 2020

Sunday Rabbit Hole - off-topic-ish - Madge Gill


Pinterest drops images in front of me and some turn into rabbit holes. This piece is Madge Gill and you may read about here here:

Madge Gill

If you Google her name, there are tons of images online. Many of them link to other articles. There did not seem to be any more that were similar to the very cool writing. All the rest reminded me of Zentangles. Like this one:


I am intrigued with that writing. Less intrigued with all the rest of her drawings. Although, scanning through all of them, I did enjoy the range. And her story fits in with my opinion that obsessive filling of space can be very soothing. Many of the images are postcards. I didn't find any information about whether she mailed the postcards. It did occur to me that the exchange could be a postcard exchange. Or we could include postcards as an option.

Leave a comment or send me an email if you have any thoughts about pros and cons of postcards.

Or you may leave Happy Birthday messages to the BigHelpfulBrother.

H.B.D.K. (I call him DK)

There will be a 1 PM post today - so you may come back BHB. It's mostly for you -- and also for Leslie.



1 comment:

  1. That looks like Gregg shorthand. I haven't thought about that in decades, but earlier today I saw something about it on-line somewhere, followed by your posting. One of those weird little coincidences! Now I want to re-learn it, may have to teach myself after nearly 50 years (hahaha snort), as if my brain will easily grasp that again.

    Happy Birthday to the BHB!!

    ReplyDelete