Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Covid-Coping No. 1 -- MaryE Coloring Page

REGULAR DAILY POST RIGHT BELOW

At 6 am today it seemed like a good idea to start a second daily post for people who are sequestered and looking for extra entertainment on the internet. So, I left a comment on the regular daily post saying there would be another post today. By 11, I had already gone out once to deliver an envelope to a client who thinks she is having a wedding in May. I did not have the heart to tell her that she should just cut her losses and forget about mailing the envelopes. And now - I am prepared to actually stay home. (famous last words)

Since my daily posts pop up at 1 am, I am going to add a daily 1 pm post (hopefully).

I saw that Mary Engelbreit had posted a free coloring page on her IG account. She said it was available on her website - but I could not find the link. I imagine I will find some better stuff as time goes on.

My first idea is an Add&Pass project. One of our exchangers emailed me this morning suggesting that maybe we can come up with some other options for additional exchanging. Add&Pass is an exchange where there is a list of people and you start something - mail it to the next person on the list -- each recipient adds something and then mails it to the next person. I like the idea and will probably announce the sign-up in the next day or two. If anyone wants to offer other suggestions - that would be fine with me.

The person who emailed suggested that exchangers could just choose a name off an old list and send a random envelope. That's fine with me -- you are all welcome to send random mail to each other -- with the understanding that you might choose someone who is not in the mood to reply.

Here is Mary's coloring page.
The resolution is probably not very good.
I might print it small on a piece of paper and fold it into an envelope.


3 comments:

  1. ooops -- i clicked on 1 am instead of 1 pm - so it popped up 2 hours early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coloring page is a great idea I had several and mailed them to my sisters One said she was not very good at that I said Learn a new Skill and give it a try Results are pending

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks for the bonus post in these crazy days of COVID19.

    ReplyDelete