Thursday, May 30, 2024

March from Cathy to Caroline - Sierpinski triangle

 


It looks like Bister ink to me. That stamp looks like one from a long time ago. Did the USPS reissue some designs? Something to research. I am writing this on April 22 - adding an envelope to a post that was started a couple weeks ago. I see that I was pondering the *order of things.* I'll delete any chit chat about the *order of things* because we have freed ourselves of that burden. We are committed to the joy of dis-order IN MODERATION.

***

I'm writing this on April 7 - while I decide how to proceed with the order of things.

Something led me to the Sierpinski triangle. It's a fractal.  Some of the readers are into math - others are not. By the time I read this I might be in Chicago, collecting the grandkids for our annual trip to Iowa. They are old enough to fly alone but the 8 year old refused to do it. I had a bright idea that they could just buy tickets for *unaccompanied minors* and I would be on the same flight and we would pretend that we didn't know each other. It was a fun idea - but not $150 worth of fun. That's the charge for the airlines to take care of kids who are flying alone. It's a reasonable charge - but $150 will buy us a lot more fun once we get to Iowa.

LINK to YouTube video

and this LINK to the triangle on WIKI is a marvelous rabbit hole of fun words - like Arrowhead Construction of Sierpinski. Gasket.

I need to invent a shape named after me. How about the Jean Marie Vortex. Sorry - that's the caffeine writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment