Saturday, May 25, 2024

APR to Kate and Leslie - Wes Wilson




Another Wes Wilson inspired envelopes. It's similar to Maggie's with the penciled in notes - but it is not written cryptically. When I do more of these I will feature other ways to fill in the letters. I enjoyed writing about what was wrong with each of the letters. I must have two lavender markers because this one matches better. Maybe it is because it is on a different paper.

Kate received two envelopes because the first one was such a monstrosity that I wanted to throw it away. (That vocabulary list from yesterday is coming in handy) I'll post the sad one even though it is not resolved. 

That's weird - I took the photo before I put the polka dot celebration stamp on it....  Some BIG DOTS might have helped - but the rectangle of her name is awkward in that position.


My first envelope to Leslie did not please me. I inserted a consolation postcard which I did not photograph. I mailed it on a Thursday. The memory of the envelope continued to haunt me. By Monday morning, I had this one ready to go. Inside is a collection of all the rough drafts I went through. Not that this one is 100% pleasing - but - it might be headed in a good direction.


Here is the one that haunted me. I have digitally altered it by putting a copy of the stamp inside the N. That was the part that was haunting me. I have also thought of a way to embolden the lines that would have helped a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment