Sunday, May 19, 2024

APR to Rachael and Juliana - Wes-style [May to Lynne]


This is a May envelope - inserted at 5 am this morning - because I just realized that I already posted Rachael's envelope - although it was not quite finished - here is the finished one - with all the deep regrets.



That blind spot in my planning is alive and well. It's 2-pronged. I either forget to plan for a stamp or I plan for a stamp and then forget the plan or misplace the stamp or stick it on the wrong envelope. 

The Deep Regrets:
1 - forgot which stamp I intended.
2 - decided that a solid black back ground was better than another flower - so I layered some white selvedge off the sheet of stamps
3 - discovering that the stamp paper is thin enough that the background shows through

I tried another name on a smaller envelope. It's clear that the number of letters and the proportion of the name is a big part of the success or deep regrets.

After I tried a few of these with colors instead of black - I returned to black - 
The Deep Regrets:
1 - those yellow dots
2 - not having a stamp in mind
3 - using a neon envelope

No regrets:
Trying something that was fun at the time - even though the results were 50-50



If you go back to the top - you'll see that I realized that I could fit in more letters if I tapered the wavy band. It helps - although -it would still take many versions to get it right. Lynne's N's are too narrow and the O at the end is too wide. In spite of all the deep regrets, I did [do] keep coming back to Wes Wilson.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment