Wednesday, May 29, 2024

March from Amy to Caroline - Tolstoy movie


In March, rather than have the exchange envelopes sent to me, I had them sent directly to Caroline who is 96 or 97. I first met her in 1979 and have also become friends with her daughter, Tracy, who is my age. Last year I put Tracy on the list and she was thrilled with the envelopes that arrived. I put her name on the list at my address and then gave her the whole stack of mail at once. For Caroline, I thought it would be more fun for the mail to arrive at her home. It was a big hit. 

Amy had a clever tie-in with the shamrock on the stamp and the nod to St. Patrick's Day. She had a nod to Easter on the inside - which I did not get photographed. Tracy brought the mail over to my house to photograph and I learned that I'm not good at photographing mail while I am talking about it with someone.


***

Something different with the add ons. I found a movie on Kanopy that looks interesting. I have not watched it and will use it for an add on. If I do watch it, I'll add on again and report whether or not it was to my liking. UPDATE: I started watching and it was painfully slow - I do not recommend it unless you are a fan of just looking at scenery and watching a woman look at scenery while hearing a voice-over of her reading the letters she has written to her husband.

This is the blurb that caught my eye: A Couple: Un Couple is a film about a long term relationship between Leo Tolstoy and is his wife, Sophia. They were married for 36 years, had 13 children, nine of whom survived. Each kept a diary. Although they lived together, in the same house, they wrote letters frequently to each other.

People who wrote letters to each other whilst living together. Reminds me of my house - but, the *letters* are my brief notes asking for signatures to confirm that the person has read the note. These started when the kids were teenagers. People were forever insisting that they had not been informed of things like date and time of family gatherings for holidays. I had to post a notice and put lines for people to sign that they had received the information about what the schedule was. I hesitate to report what the current *geriatric* version of this has become. At what age does one become geriatric? I guess that will be a topic for future discussion.


No comments:

Post a Comment