Wednesday, May 8, 2024

APR to Paula - Wes Wilson

 


I was so happy with the envelope to Patty that used one of these stamps - the one with the ice cream cone. There were 4 designs in this set. Patty's ice-cream-cone-P was very cute. I did not have any more of the ice cream cone stamps - so tried to make a P out of the shamrock. Yuck. The dreamsicle is the opposite of dreamy. The rainbow is OK. The kitten pattern is pitiful. The mutant cupcake gives me the creeps. 
Making letters out of objects is hit-or-miss. I do like the challenge of a stamp with 5 little images - and making those 5 images into letters - and if I had a staff of people managing my household - I would work on this until it was lovely. I would also pay my staff a ridiculous amount of money and I would be very easy to please.

I did not block the address because this is going to a post office for a display.

***Real time add on - I bought another sheet of these stamps - so we'll see if I can come up with a better picture-alphabet.

***

Back in late March, I posted an envelope by JeanR and didn't know the name of the style and then it popped up on IG - and lead to Amity Parks. She's been featured on the blog - and if you are interested in this style by Wes Wilson - contact Amity and see if it will be on her Zoom class schedule. LINK to Amity's class

To see more examples, Google *Wes Wilson lettering* - also keep reading the blog because I ended up with a full WesWilsonBinge. 

And here is a video about Wes - LINK to Wes Wilson video


Amity's exemplar






No comments:

Post a Comment