Monday, May 6, 2024

MAR to Grace, Cathy, Mia, Jessica

We have come to the end of my March envelopes. The DRC - Deep Regret Club. The only thing worse than the envelopes is putting up with my whining about it.

<deep sigh> I did just delete two paragraphs of detailed whining - because we all have better things to do.

Grace's is just boring - but using up orphan stamps is necessary - and we might even be close to getting it done.

The idea to use the lettering on the selvage of the sheet of stamps was an atrocious idea on Cathy's. It was hard to part with those orphans because they have been around for so long and are soooo pretty. I believe I sent a consolation envelope that has already appeared.


Next we have the Inverted Jenny - someone sent me two of these stamps. They came on a sheet with that big border. I was supposed to send an envelope to the person who sent me the stamps (in 2018) - and somehow I lost the name and address - so apologies to that person if she is still reading the blog. She is/was not an exchanger - she just sent the stamps out of the blue. So --- it's a $2 stamp - and I am out of international stamps - so I figured I would use it on an envelope to Mia - in Canada. 

In a perfect world, I would have made the lettering of her name and address in the style of the cartouche. Instead I botched some script - and printing - and stuffed it in another envelope - and forgot to photograph either one of them....grrrr


And finally - we have the wrong stamps on an envelope. They were supposed to go on a different one - so - hopefully Jessica likes the stamps - because they are all-time favorites of mine that were a hard to let go. I hope they are happy in FL.


No comments:

Post a Comment