Saturday, November 17, 2018

Thank you from Rainbow and Paul



Rainbow tried to post a thank you on the blog - in the comment section - but it did not come through - and it is better to put it in a regular post - since most people (all?) do not go back to look for comments.

Here is Rainbow's message:

Hello everyone, I just wanted to extend my sincere thanks to all who contributed to my favorite birthday present! I felt like a kid again, excitedly opening all your unique and thoughtful envelopes from far and wide. 

What a wonderful surprise!

♥️Rainbow






And - a couple days ago there was a nice thank you from Paul Shaw. As you may recall, on October 24th, I invited readers to send a get well envelope or greeting to Paul Shaw, a calligrapher/designer/typographer who had multiple injuries from a random attack. Here is Paul's thank you:

Dear Jean,
thanks for spreading the word about my attack.Several of you followers have sent me cards and letters. I  can't thank them directly since I am uable to wrte and I  don't know their email addresses. I asked several colleges in the calligraphy world to help me thank the first group. But I will ask you to pass along my thanks to Janet Renaud of Iowa for letter received today.
Best wishes,
Paul

p.s. I had surgery last Tuesday on my fingers and last Friday on my right eye. I have a ne lens ad can see again, though the eye is still bloodshot. The  fingers should be healed in another 3 weeks and then rehab starts.The staples are gone from my scalp and I am told [I can't see it] that the scars are healing.

p..s this calligraphy was done years ago.


Paul Shaw

Paul Shaw / Letter Design
Blue Pencil
The Definitive Dwiggins
Legacy of Letters
Graphic Design Oral History Project


******
if you go to his website you will see all kinds of work. I did not realize that he designed one of my all time favorite fonts.... Bermuda. It has variations where the spaces are filled in solid as well as filled in with polka dots.

I just finished all the exchange envelopes - and am half tempted to throw them all away and redo them using this font. I will resist the temptation because yesterday I finally flipped the calendar over to November and was startled to see that the month is half over and T-day is next week. Dang.

and just because I feel like I have to include an envelope every day --- here is one from Pinterest that did not allow me to follow it back to the original image - so - if someone wants to speak up and take credit for it, I'm all ears.




No comments:

Post a Comment