Sunday, November 25, 2018

Online Printing Option - Bonus Post

Today's regular daily post is right below.

Over the years there has been a trend of small companies getting gobbled up by larger companies. There is endless debate about whether this is a good thing or not. I tend to see both sides. I love Taco John's and I love knowing that I can get my comfort food when I am on the road. I also love-love-love the food at restaurants run by locals who are making things from scratch.

I have been around printing for a loooooong time. I've seen the industry turn the corner from negs and plates and ink to digital and *stove-top.* I always called desktop publishing *stove-top.*

The internet is full of options for printing and Paperless Press has joined up with Paper Source. Paper Source envelopes have been my favorites for a long time.

At Paperless Post, you may buy designs off the rack or print your own. Of course - they offer the true *paperless* form of invitation - the eVite. One would think that in my line of work, I would be against eVites. But, one would be wrong.

I'm fine with eVites. I enjoyed my years addressing envelope, but it is a luxury and there are way more people who would like to make a living off penmanship than people who are willing to pay more than minimum wage for the service. It kept me entertained while I needed something to balance out the drudgery of actually running a household.

There are two main things I like about Paperless Press. They offer an option for designers to sell their designs without having to deal with the impossible task of actually getting the work printed. And they have really easy to use templates if you would like to submit your own artwork.

So, if you do not know about Paperless Post - check them out.
The invitation I chose to illustrate is one by Sugar Paper. There are a ton of other designs.
You can include photos - pretty much anything ---

So - you can send your own custom designs - electronically.
Or, you can use their links to PaperSource - and get actual printed items.

Check it out.
This is a link to the page where you upload your own design.
https://www.paperlesspost.com/upload-your-own

This is a link to their main page.
https://www.paperlesspost.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment