Friday, November 23, 2018

Bonus Post - I'm on a roll.


Two holiday themed bonus posts in a row.
Typically, I make a point of not even mentioning holidays since they seem to be so challenging for so many people. This year might be an anomaly. Stick with me until next year and we'll see what happens.

I was comforted to learn that I am not the only senior who was unaware of the senior discount on the airline(s?). I should add that it was a United flight. It would take a lot of research to find out how many airlines offer senior fares.
Oh wait. Ask Google.
First hit.
Senior Fares

Next item:



Is there anyone who has not heard about the dessert version of Turducken called Piecaken?
I made the Easter version one time - you stuff a jelly bean inside of a Peep and stuff the peep inside a hollow chocolate bunny.

I will not be making the new triple-threat dessert because I have been weaning myself off sugar and too many of the recipes are putting 3 different pies inside of 3 different cakes and stacking them. To me, that is 6 desserts.

My version of three desserts imbedded would be to figure out a way to put some cookies inside a pie and then bake the pie inside a cake. Or put the cookies inside a cake and put that inside a pie. Or perhaps - put cookies inside a pie and stack it on a large round brownie base (or pound cake), encase the brownie and pie with ice cream and then do a baked Alaska treatment of the whole thing.

Here is a link in case you have not heard about piecaken. I'm sure someone has done a baked Alaska version. But, I will not be spending any more time surfing sweets. I used to do that. But I decided to stop it.

Piecaken

Regular daily post below.

No comments:

Post a Comment