Thursday, November 29, 2018

A lovely surprise from Rebecca

When I staggered into my house at the end of my early November trip this envelope was waiting for me along with all the other fabulous October mailings.

You have to wait until Sept 2019 to see the Halloween mail - but I am bumping this one ahead because I get to do that.

Rebecca had seen the purple flowers from Ruth in my post wondering what they would look like in orange. So she took time to send a really nice example. In addition to a spectacular envelope, there was a darling Patience Brewster card. I'm drawn to Patience's style. Rebecca included a beautifully written  letter on lovely handmade paper - wrapped with dainty gold cord and sealed with wax.

Rebecca is from NC - which is on my list of states to visit. She did not invite me to NC - but I'm putting her on the list - just in case I'm in the neighborhood. A Michigan penpal added Michigan to the list. So the grand tour is now including these 20 states:
MN, WI, IL, MI, IN, OH, PA, NY, MA, CT, NC, SC, MS, TX, NM, CA, OR, WA, ID, MT

Maybe 5 trips - 4 states at a time?
I really should add France and England.
But to travel abroad, I'll need a travel pal and probably some kind of job. 
I'm kicking myself that I didn't spend more time cultivating my travel-teaching career.

Here are details of the envelope as well as all the goodies that were in the envelope.

Rebecca - if you want traffic to any website or other online presence that you have - let me know and I will include a link.









3 comments:

  1. These are charming flowers. Any chance of providing a tutorial on how to make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful ...... I have no other words !!

    ReplyDelete