Wednesday, November 14, 2018

@#$%^&* (Sept to Patty)

In the middle of doing this envelope, I Googled *symbol swearing* and found out all kinds of interesting things which I almost included in this post - but that would have made it too long. If you are interested you may do the search and learn more.

For the September exchange - I was still stuck with random leftover vintage stamps. I chose a new font - something quick and easy and was pretty thrilled with how it evolved. This was one of the later envelopes - and it was fine with two stamps. I had two of the architecture stamps - but misplaced one - so I put the Nevelson stamp on and then - BAM - the other architecture stamp came out of hiding. Honestly, I think postage stamps are actual creatures who torment me because they want to stay at my house and are scared about going out into the world. Well, there is nothing like little stamp creatures messing with me to unleash my inner boilermaker. Yes, I actually met a union boilermaker. Boilermakers are pretty salty. So a few words of my inner-boilermaker words came spewing out. Then I figured I would just add the actual symbols. I see Patty in person, so I'm pretty sure that she will not take my cursing personally.

Here is my dilemma. I'd like to add some great big chunky symbols. But, I'm afraid that will get the PO all bent out of shape. So - this is it. I suspect I will try one more - with big curse symbols. First I have to think of someone who will not be put off by curse symbols.


2 comments: