Friday, November 16, 2018

Sept PTEX to Janet - Trees

Two days ago, the envelope to Patty showed this style of lettering. The one to Patty was done towards the end of the series. This was the first one. While there is ample evidence of zero planning which resulted in stacking and smallerizing - wonkiness is just part of life. A minor defect.

Color matching was going to be difficult - but these three layers were fine. The D is very weak - but, when I have 28 envelopes to do - we just have to put up with some ugg-mos.

The covered up street address is red - and I was pleased with my ability to wing it on the centering.

*****
Additional comment in real time:
I have recently returned from an exhausting 2 week trip which involved me interacting with my blood relatives. Family gatherings = exhaustion. It's not them - it's me. I enjoy individuals - groups overwhelm me.

There was a fabulous stack of mail waiting for me when I got home - at least 10 exchange envelopes from October.... and then a surprise from Rebecca which will be posted as soon as I wade through the stacks of do-this-after-the-trip. I just wanted to let Rebecca know that it arrived and the whole package is fantastic. Also, JH - I was happy to get a real letter from you and will be responding by snail mail.

AS sent a lovely birthday card to my granddaughter - she loves mail. Thanks, AS.

When the last Rainbow envelope arrived, I gave it to my son to deliver to Rainbow. Yesterday he took me to lunch and there was the envelope in the car. I asked why he had not given it to her. He said,  "Oh, it got left in the car because I took it into the airport and used it as the sign that people hold up when they are meeting someone at the airport." Rainbow had been on a trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment