Wednesday, July 13, 2016

where y'all from?

when i announced my break and then managed to post every day and return from the break i spent some time looking at the stats on the blog. that section tells me how many visits i am getting per day and i can also check a multitude of other stats telling me things like where people live, what kind of computer or phone they are using, etc. [one person reads me on an Xbox] i usually have between 300 and 400 visits per day. and i wanted to see if that number dropped off after i said i was going to take a break. happily, it did not. so, i don't think i lost any readers. the thing that amazed me was when i get up at 5 am, there will be 130 people who have already checked the blog. so, i wondered - where do my readers live? since the posts are set to appear at 1 am, maybe all my US readers are night owls. anyhow, for the curious, here are the stats on where my readers live. and if i am on someones blog role, maybe that gets counted as a view, when my blog pops up on the other sites.

United States

1473
Germany
99
France
54
Ukraine
39
Canada
33
Russia
28
United Kingdom
18
Australia
15
Spain
15
Ireland
12

 
 this was made with Wordle. it used to be one of my favorite sites, but i can't get it to work any more. maybe someday. or maybe never. i literally have a file called *maybe never* which is full of ideas or projects that interest me, but i doubt i'll get around to them. i guess i could call them *the back burner*  - no envelope today - but for those of you who enjoy surfing, maybe you can make wordle work and report back to us.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting ~ Thanks for sharing.
    I tried the Wordle site on my laptop and my iPad. Unfortunately, I wasn't successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did check the clock on when the page views were coming in and was able to confirm that i get 120 hits at 1 am when the new post of the day pops up. so that must be counting people who have me scheduled to pop up somewhere or who are getting some kind of alert. honestly - this is all so amazing... and what makes magnets work? and is your trip shorter if you are flying the opposite way that the earth is rotating and which way does the earth rotate? and why have i forgotten half of everything i learned? or more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got one reader in the Czech Republic as well. 🙋🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! I am 1/4 Czech. My grandfather was a Benes. I make and eat kolache.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jean...you have a new follower from Colorado :) Super excited to get involved in the next envelope exchange. I think I just missed this one by one day. Nice to meet you! Cindy

    ReplyDelete