Thursday, November 5, 2020

MikeM's Rice Writing


MikeM is multitalented. He can add up all those stamps.
Look closely - there are two that are 1.25 cents. I have seen 1.5 cent stamps, but never 1.25 cents.
His second talent is his exquisite Spencerian.
And the third is writing on rice.
I have actually done some writing on rice myself. I use stick ink and a crow-quill nib. 
Maybe he will leave a comment and tell us what he uses.




I did a quick line up to read the message.
I need to think of a way to stick them on something so that I can get a better photograph.



His last name broke.
But the rest were all very easy to read.

Thanks Mike -- as of Oct 25, I am still trying to get my thank you written to you for the mini envelope. Now I have a double thank you -- which will probably delay things - as I will be trying to come up with a doubly cool sum'thun'or'nuther.

Mike should be honored that I broke one of my iron clad rules in order to post this in October. 
All the dates are filled until the first week in January - and my iron clad rule is to not bump any posts.
But, this was just too cool to hold over until January.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jean,
    Thank you for the wonderful comments. I used a Hunt 102 lithographic nib--quite stiff which is needed. The ink was McCaffery's Penman's Black. The hardest part was holding the grains still while writing on them. I used black clay, into which I could press a whole line of grains and and gently pry them loose with a small screwdriver. Big fun.

    ReplyDelete