Sunday, November 15, 2020

From CathyO to Hunter - No daily rant - Atlas call for interesting place




Written Nov 2, 2020

These are so pretty. Miss Cathy is fortunate to be taking all kinds of online classes.
I wonder why she doesn't start a blog so we can see more of her work.
Maybe I can get her to start one.
There was a time when I had a contest with the BigHelpfulBrother's employer as to which one of us could get him to do the most outrageous thing.
I wonder if the BHB kept track of which outrageous things the two of us got him to do.
Not that starting a blog is outrageous -- I'm just curious as to how far my powers of persuasion might reach.
There are other exchangers who should have blogs.
Or, if you just want to send images to me -- that's fine.
I'm getting slightly less interested in persuading people.

******
It is a relief to not be ranting today (Saturday). Having a calm day seems like a good idea.
I hope it's not dangerous to be lulled into calmness.
I've been ranting about how complacency was behind a lot of unpreparedness for the pandemic 
and it's not like we are in very good shape at the moment.
Maybe calming down and staying home is the right thing to do.

Here's something to ponder:

Instead of a rant today, I am reposting this offer from Atlas Obscura.
I'm signed up for their emails and I think I get about 2 per week. They have a ton of interesting things and provide me with hours of enjoyable distraction.

Their posts are organized by location (atlas) so it's fun to check out a particular state or a big city and see how many cool things there are -- in case we ever get to travel again.

The most recent newsletter announced this offer to call them and describe something interesting in your neighborhood. Your recorded message might pop up on a podcast.

I'm trying to think of something interesting in my neighborhood - 







No comments:

Post a Comment