Tuesday, November 24, 2020

From Troy in Sept and Carole in Dec 2019 (Voodoo doll)


If you are interested in a free Zoom class on wedge brush flowers, scroll down to the post after this one.

This post is a quick fix post - when I discovered some re-runs. The booklet and envelope are from Troy. He made the booklet after taking a class with Marina Soria. She's from Argentina and there is a ton of stuff to look at on her website. Troy's envelope has one of my all time favorite stamps. Letters Mingle Souls - as well as the trompe l'oeil art by old what's-his-name.


Below is the holiday card and envelope that Carole sent in 2019 to the Wilson Family. That Merry Christmas tree is stealworthy.








****

I'm not going to get into details about this voodoo doll. A friend of mine is making voodoo dolls for friends who are stressed. I blocked out the second embroidered word. You can probably figure it out.


On a less stressful note, Hester was so nice to comment on my difficulty in getting rid of vintage holiday cards and suggested ways to turn them into decorations. The cards are already gone. However, I have photos of them and that's going to be fine. I've already noticed that my kids are just as happy to reminisce about things where the only thing left is a photo of the thing.

Is that really how you spell reminisce? I just guessed and Blogger is not underlining it in red - so it must be right. I seldom get words right when I am guessing. Fuchsia. That's the only word I have ever learned and then remembered. If there is a lull in the conversation, you can always ask, "How do you spell fuchsia?" It is rare that anyone gets it right.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment