Wednesday, November 25, 2020

From Smash in September

Yippee. I found the caption feature on the new Blogger format.
This is from Smash -- and it is sooooo cool. 

This is my third post that I had to re-do at the last minute because I discovered duplicates. At first, I was taking it all in stride. Then I got cranky. Then I yelled at myself to person-up and stop whining. Person-up is like man-up, but we all know that man-up implies something that we do not want to imply. Also, it gives me an opportunity to mention something I saw. Actually, I can post it. I apologize for not having the source - but that happens and I'd be happy to add the source if you contact me and give me the info.

It's a whole bunch of gender-neutral terms. My favorite is Theydies & Gentlethems.
Snickerdoodles is pretty good, too. 




The BigHelpfulBrother and I had a conversation recently about which teachers were our favorites in high school. One of mine was a social studies teacher who would say, "People, people, people," in an Oklahoma drawl. When I run out of places on my daily surfing, I search for obituaries of former teachers. His was very nice. It's interesting to read about some of the people who had a significant influence on you when you were young and impressionable. I should probably work on my obituary since nobody in my family knows about my secret online society of kindred spirits. They just think I am chilly and aloof. They have not caught on that I am using reverse psychology. 

Oh, here's a good story. A friend of ours grew up on a farm. When the kid was in 3rd grade, his dad opened a checking account and put in enough money for the kid to take care of all his needs, including any fees to school for activities or whatever. When the kid graduated from high school, the dad shook his hand and said, "Good luck with your life. It's been nice having you." And the son has done very well. I'm not nearly as chilly as that dad. 

No ranting today - let's hope everyone is OK with their plans for Thanksgiving. 





No comments:

Post a Comment