Thursday, September 10, 2020

Paper flowers in an envelope



****
I'm inserting this comment in real time.
Since most of you probably don't go back to see if anyone left any comments, here is a comment from Eliece - with another plague book to recommend.

I currently have 6 books on reserve at the library. They are ranging from 2 to 10 weeks for length of time before it is my turn. And Year of Wonders is a 10 week wait. I bet it has been getting a lot of mention in a variety of places - now that we are all jabbering online.

Thanks, Eliece. Hamnet has 21 people on the waiting list for the hard copy. I'm only third in line for the audiobook.

I, too, enjoyed "Year of Wonders" which I read in 2008. Little did I think at that time that I would ever experience a pandemic. Then last month I read another plague book. This one was "Hamnet" (not a misspelling, BTW) by Maggie O'Farrell. I highly recommend both of these.


******

This appeared in MyMet back in June.
I highly recommend MyMet - if you need more stuff appearing in your email box.

Here is a link to the Etsy site with this envelope.

There are all kinds of other cut paper items.
This one is $1,200.
Free postage.
All the way from Russia.

or maybe it's more fun to look at her stuff on IG

This one is getting a stealworthy label - in case I ever have time to come back and try making itty bitty paper flowers.

and here is a tip for surfing...
when you see someone like Lissova - who has really cool stuff - and then notice that she is only following a few people - check out some of the people she follows and you will find some really good ones
like this one
who has some good DIY instructions 
for easy flowers.

Well, they are not all easy - but some are.


Alice is following 500+ people - too many.
Lissova is only following 150 - so the chances of finding some really good ones is higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment