Monday, September 28, 2020

Bonus post - Mail art contributes to sale of house

Today's regular post is right below.

Also, around noon on Sunday, I added the last 4 groups of letters to the penmanship lessons. So, if you plan on repairing your penmanship, scroll past today's post and check out the Sunday bonus post.

Earlier in September, Janet sent me a wonderful mail art story. Rather than relate it in my own words, I am going to post it as written. She said it was fine to share the story - so I assume she's OK if I use her words.

The subject line referred to a recent post that included a card I had received referring to me being *awesome.*

Subject: in case you don't think you are awesome enough....

As you know, our townhome in Pleasant Hill is for sale - listed on Monday.
On Thursday, a man and his daughter toured it for the second time.
Our realtor texted on Friday afternoon to say that she hadn't heard anything from the showing yet.
Immediately after that, my NYC daughter texted to say that she had.

The daughter that toured with her dad saw an envelope on my art desk addressed to you.
She took a picture of it and sent it to Andrea in NY.  She wondered if I was her mother because Andrea had posted a similar envelope on IG.  (I practice on Andrea.).  In addition to the envelope art, she recognized our son and daughter-in-law's picture on the wall from her ISU days and sent Andrea a picture of them, too.

The woman thought our home was especially "homey" and wrote a letter, via her realtor, expressing how the wall of family photos AND the artistic envelopes on the desk were such a nice, clever touch.

They made a full price offer and bought this condo yesterday afternoon.

I'm giving you some of the credit, Jean.  Now THAT'S awesome because I can return to normal living and skip the real estate staging for now.  Thank you!

Janet

****

Yes --- it is awesome that your pretty mail made someone want your home. Technically - I'm not sure what part I played -- other than introducing Janet to the world of mail art. It is quite possible that we are both awesome - as are all people who have sense enough to take time to make mail art.

Here is the photo of Janet's desktop that was sent to Janet's daughter:





No comments:

Post a Comment