Saturday, September 19, 2020

KathyS - lightening/spider/dracula - not a spider - a creepy crawly


This is really cool - the way the spider creepy-crawly and Dracula are having a stare down. 

There is a bonus post below this post.

***
It's Aug 31 and I earned a little surfing time. No, I didn't. I just took some because the weirdness of everything was getting to me. And look what I found: It's an opportunity to take a vacation and study with an artist. How cool is that? Of course, I used a calligrapher to illustrate this blurb. This would have been so perfect for me to offer when I had my big studio in the duplex which was a wonderful guest house. But, I rather doubt anyone would want to come to Des Moines. 

Here is the link to the calligraphy option:


You can go to the main page and look at the whole list of artists. 90 artists in 27 different countries. I did not count how many are in the US -- not a lot. Of course, this is not an optimal travel time. But maybe s.o.m.e.d.a.y. people will travel again.

And it is not all applied art - there are some rather alternative choices. The whirling in Turkey actually appealed to me. Although, I would not be able to whirl myself - but, it would be fun to take my adventurous offspring - or maybe the grand offspring and just watch.







2 comments:

  1. BHB must be pedantic here: spiders have 8 legs; insects have six - which is what that image shows. Furthermore, if you look at the upper margin of the full-size view of the stamp it says, "Velvet Ant"

    ReplyDelete