Sunday, February 10, 2019

Bonus Post and Off-topic Video - Lauren's B'day Mail for MrW

Lauren was inspired by my whiny story about Mr Wilson letting his Cheerios fall on the floor by his desk and sent this fun envelope and coordinating card.

He was thrilled with this card and envelope as well as all the others which will be popping up over the next few days.

See clever card below my rambling on about ski stuff.

The off topic video is about the guy who's done most of the watercolor illustrations for ski resorts for the past 30 years. It has nothing to do with mail - but I always enjoy interviews with people who have been fortunate enough to find the most perfect line of work. It reminds me of my *thing* about envelopes.

The frosting on the cake is that he needed to raise $8,000 to publish a coffee table book of his maps. The skiing community has pledged $590,000 - WOW.  I've often pondered doing a book of envelopes. Not that I have as many followers as there are skiers. But, it's always fun to read about someone who's followed their passion and and it's working out nicely.

https://www.skiutah.com/blog/authors/lexi/powder-people-jim-niehues/?mc_cid=8cfe3bb147&mc_eid=070689996b

Later, noting that I had left that link open, I clicked to see who the other *powder people* are and found George, the guy who skied on his 100th birthday. Way to go George. My skier son, Skip, is also a George - 4th in the string of Mr. Wilsons. I won't be around to see if he's still skiing when he's 100. At the end of this link are links to videos of 100-year old George skiing on his last 6 birthdays. Birthday 95 shows a life-time pass they gave him. It is entirely lettered with calligraphy markers or pens. Not the most skilled calligraphy - but heart-warming that someone cared enough to do it by hand . On his 100th, the people at Snowbird groomed a patch of snow up in the mountains - in July - so he could ski. It's only a minute and a half video - really inspirational.

https://www.skiutah.com/blog/authors/yeti/inspiration-with-george-jedenoff





No comments:

Post a Comment