Saturday, February 9, 2019

Aug Exchange to Mr. Wiiiillllllson from Lauren

Neither of us like to choose favorites - but George was just thrilled with this one - and of course, I loved it, too.

Not everyone remembers that the neighbor on Dennis the Menace was George Wilson. Sometimes people will know George for years and then one day they'll smack their forehead and say, "George Wilson, Mr. Wilson. You're the neighbor on Dennis the Menace."

So this one was just perfect. Plus it has a fun vintage feeling note inside. And the frosting on the cake has to be the S&H Green Stamps. A real blast from the past.

Oh, this is creepy. I just realized that as George ages, he really is starting to look like the guy on the TV program. I hope we never get invited to a costume party. I would have to cut my hair and get a Mrs. Wilson perm so we could go as the Wilsons.

(Time out for research)

I guess I could go for this look (see below). I had forgotten that Mr. Wilson's hair was not gray. My Mr. Wilson is nearly white. Guess we will have to think up something else.


3 comments:

  1. Very creative envelope!

    (And there's always hair dye...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically, it was not out loud - but I did *scream* when I read that suggestion. Silent scream, I guess.

      Delete
  2. While I can't wait to view this blog every day, today's envelope has to be one of the best ever. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete