Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Sept PTEX - Thomas - Winter Sports

There is BONUS post right after this one.

My apologies to Thomas if I have sent him winter sports previously. I assure everyone that these are the end of the winter sports. Of course, I was saving these to use on an envelope to my son - the skier/hockey player --- so there was some grumbling at myself when I realized that I had used up stamps on the wrong person - but - the part of me that is excited about getting the hoard abated is winning the battle of the two Jeannies. Soon I will be all sweetness and light.

Anyone who knows me personally just fell off their chair laughing. Hope you didn't hurt yourself-selves.

Shout out to Amy -- I am writing this on the day after we saw the film about the guy in Greece who spent his entire life collecting mid-century modern items - household items and chairs and lamps - but not large furniture. It's a long story - but in the end - the entire collection is sold at auction and he does not realize his lifelong dream of having it put in a museum. The son of one of his best friends heard about the sale and dashed off to Greece to film the sad ending to a life of collecting. The film was about $50,000 worth of therapy for me to see the lunacy of collecting things. I will be interested to see if this nudge became a full fledged shove - when this post pops up in January - 2 months after I have written it.





No comments:

Post a Comment