Monday, January 21, 2019

Bonus Post - 2019 Love stamp - to Angie, Rushi, and SuzanneE

When I took the exchange envelopes to the PO, I was unable to resist the temptation to buy some new stamps. These colors are so much fun and I have plenty of markers and pens in those colors.

The top one to Angie shows it after I added the gray shadow. Below is the before shot.

Angie sent me a Dec exchange envelope pictured below. Rushi sent me a postcard so I did a return envelope to him. Suzanne signed up to be on two exchange lists and I forgot to tell her that when people are on two lists - I only send one envelope. So she gets a second one because she sent me two. It seemed like a good idea to show all the *love* ideas together.

I probably won't use these stamps on the February exchange. I was doing some sifting and found an alarming number of orphan envelopes. So I'll probably continue the hoard reduction project and know that I have these in my back pocket if I need a quick and foolproof idea.





3 comments:

  1. That is wild how the shadows make the name look 3d! At first, I seriously thought they were some kind of stickers, or that they were felt dots on the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah. If you are on a desktop - and click on the images - they zoom to screen size. Then you can click back and forth - to see how much that little slice of gray changes everything. It's really nice to have an assortment of pale gray markers. They can really make your letters *pop*

      Delete
  2. I should also add - that the A in Angie had two major problems and I added the dots to try to save it. This is a primo example of how dots and layering can save a really unfortunate letter. If you look at the A - it still has all the original problems. You just have to concentrate on details to find them.

    ReplyDelete