Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Aug from Patty - guinea fowl wallpaper


Patty researched and found one of the Barbie fonts which looks great on that hot pink. I almost wish I had another sheet of Barbie stamps. Patty used the Posca paint markers and mentioned that they can be too juicy and then dry up faster than one would expect. In my experience, the type of paper can influence the behavior of the markers. Art supplies require a lot of trial and error. Then, in a perfect world, you keep a log of successes and failures so that you can refer back to what worked and what didn't. Sometimes an ornery pen or marker can be a failure on everything you try - and then you finally find something that works well ---- but then it doesn't last long because there were no many test runs that used up the ink or paint. 

***
Here is a long video with Juan Pablo Molyneux showing the restoration of his mansion in Paris. He's a charming person and the mansion is quite lovely. I have no idea if anyone is interested. I included it because there is one room where he had the entire wall space covered with the feathers from guinea fowl. I have fond memories of tending to a flock of guinea fowl while visiting my grandmother and uncles on a ranch in Montana. I loved the polka dot feathers. And we all know how much I love dots - and how I rely on them to solve design problems.




Link to 1 hour video go to 55:32 minutes for the feather room.


No comments:

Post a Comment