There have been so many times that I wrote "the photo does not do this one justice." For the first time there is a photo that improved the envelope. I used paint markers on vellum and it was OK. That vertical stack of hearts is clunky - as well as the three under the stamp - but the other border is OK. At first I was happy to be done with the Barbie stamps - now I am tempted to get another sheet of them.
First story from the 8th annual grandkid trip to Iowa. At 10 and 12, the kids are well acquainted with The House Rules. The Chicago House Rules are very strict on food and beverages. The Iowa House Rules are pretty loose. It is shocking to my daughter that she grew up in a house that kept 12 packs of soda pop on hand. When we stopped at a store - Ben saw A&W Root Beer and asked if we could buy just one bottle. Of course we could.
Later I asked him if he would like to paint. I have a couple big canvases and a lot of leftover craft paint. Most of it is 20+ years old and I always thought it would be fun to use it up with the grandkids but until now, they have not been interested. I was wildly excited. We set things up in the garage and it was hot - so I told him to just take his shirt off. Then I recorded a short video and sent it to his parents. I neglected to see the bottle of root beer in the background. His dad spotted it - and responded "Ben looks very boho - shirtless and a (root) bee
The dad assured me that it's OK to drink soda pop in Iowa. I'm not sure we'll mention the other discoveries - like Blue Bunny makes a soft serve ice cream. It was gone before we had a chance to try a DIY root beer float.
I thought it would be fun to add a photo of a shirtless Pablo Picasso - and there are so many. In fact, someone has taken the time to make a blog post with as many as they could find - so you may choose your favorite. It gave me flashbacks to when I lived in a house with boys - and they were not very interested in wearing shirts.
No comments:
Post a Comment