Saturday, August 22, 2026

August to Sharen - stories from the visit - preface

 


Yes, more Rolly Crump lettering. This one was pretty far along in the series as I started to add my own doo-dads. The proportion of the name is very pleasing. It's a bit of a stretch to say that the zigzags on the lettering coordinate with RBG's lace collar - because the lettering itself is contrary to RGB. Or is it? Judges are so reserved that we rarely get to find out what they are like as people. Who's the zaniest judge? I can think of that one guy who was maybe Italian and I think he died unexpectedly. Seems like he would say things from time to time that were not as reserved as what we usually hear from judges. I could Google and find his name in one click but I'm more interested in filling up blog posts since I only have 7 scheduled. [I am doing a quick edit on the 21st before this pops up and I think the judge's name was Anthony Scalise - but that might not be the right spelling and I'm not going to look it up.]

That's right. I am writing this on Aug 14th. This is close to the end of the nine day visit with the grandkids in Iowa. They are heading into 5th and 7th grade so they are much easier than little kids. I'm debating about telling stories. Plumbing and roof leaking? Dog stories? Or kimchi-gate? 

Accidentally leaving a bottle of A&W root beer in the background when I sent a photo to the parents who do not allow such things might be worth a story. The kids are old enough to weigh in on which unreasonable rules they have at their house and whether or not the rules my daughter sets are things that came from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment