***
I'm going to number the tips that were inspired by my correspondence with Liz and call them Liz's tips so that I can find all of them if I ever want to refer back to them - or maybe add to them. Wouldn't it be fun if I had all my tips in one place.
Tip No. 1
Dots. Yes, we've covered dots previously but it seems like a good place to start. There is a line that I've written about previously: a line is a dot that went for a walk. If you Google that sentence you will find many hits and lots to read about Paul Klee and what he meant when he made the comment. There are also shapes - another element in a work of art. A shape is formed when a line encloses a space.
We have now created a fork in the road. We can keep talking about dots, lines, shapes, elements --or-- we can take the other path and talk about *work of art.*
How many different things can we learn in one day? For some of you, this is is very old knowledge. For others it might seem new, but it's not really new. Both are concepts that you are familiar with - but you might not have given them much thought. Like gravity. You know what it is - but do you ever think about it?
Does creating an envelope seem like work or is it all fun and games?
No comments:
Post a Comment