Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Aug from Sue - dog park

Sue has been working on insects/butterflies/moths. I do not know if they are based on actual creatures or if they are fantasy critters. Either way, they are lovely and on my list of *try this.*

As mentioned over the past couple days, I am way behind on scheduling posts. It's 7 pm and I rarely (if ever) write posts at this time of day. Maybe it's a good time to switch things up. Maybe not. Maybe everyone is overwhelmed with the end of summer. 

The highlight of my grandson Ben's visit to Iowa was going to a very large dog park. Ben wants a dog and I have a friend who goes to the dog park with her dogs and was willing to meet us there so Ben could play with some dogs. It's a huge place with day care for dogs as well as overnight boarding. It has a bar/restaurant and a large indoor space with huge garage-type doors that open up so it's semi-outdoors and the dogs can roam in the smaller fenced section while the people can stay in a shadier space. Then there is a 3 acre grassy area with playground features.

I was impressed with how much fun it was for the dogs. Here's a link to their website - with some drone footage. Maybe every town has one of these - and I'm just learning about them.

https://pawsandpintsdsm.com/your-best-friends-bar-dog-park/





 

No comments:

Post a Comment