Saturday, April 6, 2024

Feb from Juliana - brain jabber


Juliana has enough patience to figure out a pleasing arrangement of vintage stamps. I'm not going to tally the non-valentine envelopes. There are obviously more than 2 or 3 and I'm trying to reform my *thing* about counting. 

I read too many books and articles about how our brains work. I just read another one confirming, for the umpteenth time, that we get nervous/anxious/fearful because that was old lizard-brain activity that kept us on our toes so that we survived back in the *cave* days. And now we don't really need as much of it - but it's there - and we have to work at reminding ourselves that we are not in perpetual danger. [although, we sorta are - but let's not think about it]

But what about that annoying other lobe that makes some of us count and put things into categories. It seems like that must have been a survival skill at some point. Maybe it's in the observational category. Clearly, there were people who spent all their free time looking at the stars and planets and figuring out seasons and all that stuff. 

Once again, this train of thought has no destination  <sigh>. What I should be pondering is getting my exchange envelopes in the mail.........

 

No comments:

Post a Comment