Saturday, May 30, 2020

Cookie Monster from KateR



I already warned Kate that I was going to steal this idea. 
It's still April 1, as I write this.
We are in the phase of every day being wildly different and not looking good at all. 
Maybe when we read this - there will be a sigh of relief that we are over the worst of it.

***

May 28 update
Earlier this month I posted about half the birthday mailings that my pen pals sent to Viola. On May 3rd - Viola had tested positive for covid. She is in a very nice facility that was very quick to take precautions, so it was a bit of a shock to find out that a staff member had tested positive which is what prompted testing of residents.
Obviously, this was distressing - and I hesitated to say anything on the blog.
For anyone who just tuned in, Viola is my brother's mother-in-law and we just observed her 100th birthday in February. There will be more birthday mailing posted in coming weeks.

She been under quarantine - and only seeing staff members who are in head to toe hazmat.
Happily - today she was released from solitary confinement -- and is soooo happy.










1 comment: