Monday, December 10, 2018

Bonus Post - PO Update

This looks like collage - but is all beautifully hand painted.
Shout out to CarolynC that your Nov exchange envelope postmarked Nov 30 arrived in DSM on Dec 8th - which is 8 days and really isn't unreasonable. I've been in a premature tiz.

What threw me was that I saw it in the email that I get from the PO with images of my mail several days ago - and then it didn't show up.

Plus, I have been looking at the wrong week on the calendar. I have a full two weeks before the next trip - not one. That's huge. Then I send emails to people where I have only gotten the first letter of their name correct....confusing other people who have the same initial.

No excuses here. If the only purpose I serve in life is to make people feel better about themselves (that they are not functioning at my level) then my life is complete. Have I noticed that some of my clothes are inside-out? Why yes, I have. See - if you can get dressed properly, you're in good shape. Have I noticed after getting home from errands that I had neglected to comb my hair? Why yes I have. Have I lost my driver's license and credit cards? No. See - it's all about keeping track of things that would be uber-challenging.

Yesterday during a conversation with the BigHelpfulBrother about how he is doing free-lance PhD studies in the area of physics, while I reference Wayne's World as an appropriate guide post for living, I said, "Oh, yeah!" in my best Tommy Smothers impersonation. "Well, I just wrote something about PeeWee Herman as another guru for worthwhile philosophical guidance." My Teflon-colander brain could not remember which reference. I had put it in the form letter that went in my exchange envelopes. It's such valuable information that I feel the need to share it with all y'all.

I'm a rebel.

PeeWee says that while trying to explain himself to Dottie. If anyone is shy about rebelling against pretty much anything. Go for it. Just use your common sense and don't over do it.

Regularly scheduled post right below.

No comments:

Post a Comment