Sunday, May 27, 2018

Vintage St. Patrick's Ephemera from Janet

These items were inside my March exchange envelope from Janet. She addressed the tiny envelope and it is so pretty in person. I don't think the photo does it justice. The other items are much cooler in person as well. There is something about the way the old printing and die-cutting was done that gives it a cooler feel. It's probably a good thing  I never allowed myself to seriously collect vintage ephemera.

I think Janet inherited a nice stash and is sending it out to people she knows will appreciate it.
 Below is the greeting inside the little shamrock card. Very interesting wording.

The little lady has a tab to fold to make her stand up. I think she is a place card. So cute.

My mother used to get so peeved that Irish people had their own holiday and the rest of us didn't have one for ourselves. I felt obligated to be indifferent to the holiday. Then my daughter fell in love with an Irishman - so now I get to celebrate. Colin has probably gathered that I was pretty excited to get some cute little half-Irish grandkids. Although, they are the most feral children I have ever met - so that's gotta be the Irish, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment