Thursday, January 28, 2021

Rust + tea from Faye (pink spider in envelope)

Getting my first covid vaccination yesterday was quick and easy. 
Hopefully there will be some momentum in a positive direction.
I was told that at HyVee, they post new appointments at midnight.
So -- that is helpful for making my second appointment.
If you are having trouble finding open appointments in your area, maybe you can find out what time the new appointments are posted. I'm not keen on getting up at midnight - but might have to.

6am - report - very slight ache in arm - no other side effects.


Card above and envelope below that (as I recall) was made with rusty metal and black tea.
I am resisting the temptation to Google *rusty metal and black tea* but maybe I will when this post pops up on a chilly winter day. 

I think you can do this technique on fabric which appeals to me a lot. I am very fond of the colors.

I keep forgetting to mention how much I liked the postmark that the USPS came up with for the fall. It looks like a scary little face and on some of the Halloween envelopes it contributed nicely to the overall design.


****
Thank you to Leslie who found this image of the envelope that contained the *card* that I posted a few days ago. It shows how the card opens. It ran on Feb 17, 2011. That was the one year birthday of the blog. I enjoyed reading the post again. There are 4879 posts - and I hardly ever go back and reread them. 



The video of the accordion card opening and closing is in the Jan 23rd post.
During my organizational project, I found a box of these velum envelopes -- at least 100. Yay.
I think today is the day I do a rough count of how many envelopes I actually have on hand.



Apparently, Jackie and I were having a hard time figuring out the day of the week and also the year.  The top strip is from a letter that Jackie sent to me. And the bottom strip is me - commiserating. And this was made 10 years ago. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment