Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Rachael's gold wreath series (no rant - KateR's b-day)


I forgot to mention -yesterday- that the design I stole from Alison could be done in non-holiday colors. I hope I think about making something springy or valentine-y. I wonder if I could turn RachaelT's wreath into a springtime wreath.


 RachaelT's original idea is top left. The other three are my attempts. My first attempts were too tight. They did not feel organic. I counted how many sprigs of holly she had -sixteen- so I tried doing 16, then I tried 8. I think my version was improved by only doing 8.

Do, I have any suggestion on how to do a nice wreath like Rachael's? Yes. Take tracing paper and copy her's exactly. Or, if you want to save time, copy my version. But, I think her version is better.




I deeply regret the way I wrote McElroy. I owe the McElroys a better envelope.

****

Instead of a rant, I will add an image from the folder of random stuff. I think I forgot to photograph this, and Kate kindly sent me an image. It looks like her birthday is in February. I have been toying with the idea of keeping track of my pen pal's birthdays. I'm pretty sure I already missed Chuck's. Belated wishes.

I like the way the bar code at the bottom looks like ground that the candles are standing on.
Something else I need to do is create a place to scan through birthday ideas. 


***
One more item.
Ground hog cupcakes for people with way too much time on their hands.


Warning: Bakerella can be a crazy rabbit hole if you like to make stuff out of food.




No comments:

Post a Comment