Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Sports themes for Natalie's peeps

When I offered to do envelopes for Natalie, I reminded her to give me clues about topics the people might enjoy. So we have Cubs, Cardinals and Chiefs themed envelopes.

I made some multiples, trying to come up with an idea I liked and I did not think she was going to actually mail them - so on a couple the addresses are worked into the design.

If your address is not clear and on level, landscape orientation lines, you need to add extra postage. I'm not sure what the non-conforming rate is.

I have been trying to make all addresses very clear these days.

Tried to make the Cub's C
Like the concept, the line weights are not quite right
Tried one for the couple - not that successful - needs bolder lettering
On my list to do over -- forgot to add a Cardinal. Duh.
But the lettering was an improvement over the first attempt, below.
Reject based on clunky lettering, but, will probably send it along.
Needs a Cardinal.

7 comments:

  1. these r really fun. as a PO worker, i wonder how natalie feels about the non horizontal address on those baseballs, esp the 1 on the kraft-- being that ur using just a 1 ounce stamp w/out an additional surcharge....hummm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Non-conforming charge is 15-cents as of Feb 19, 2020

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS calligram on the kraft paper env. Jean!! (I'll have to get more ball stamps and try that myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had this thought -- you know what would be super-cool? -- if the red "arrows" were actually stitched into the env.! If I had the patience (or knew of someone who'd do it for me!) I'd give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea -- I am totally going to do it.
      Another way to make raised stitching would be to use that puff paint.
      I'm thinking it would be a good idea to stock up on the Have a Ball stamps while they are still available. I need to go back and label all the ideas that have been posted with those stamps -- they've been super fun.

      Delete